Doylestown PA: Decorative Painting Techniques
When it comes to decorating painting techniques, there are a lot of options available to make a refreshing and appealing advance for your home or office. Decorative painting techniques, such as trompe l’oeil, stenciling, sponging, ragging, distressing, creating off effects, color-washing, graining, log-rolling, stippling, crackling effects, and polka dots, provide depth and texture to flat and dull walls. In this article, allow us to share with you understand the art of decorative painting for a more beautiful and comfortable home or office.
1. Sponging is a textured wall decorative painting, wherein latex or glaze is applied over a flat coat of paint. Sponge, rag, or bag can be used, which is dipped and well coated to create a random pattern on the wall. You can practice on a scratch paper first for less mess and mistakes.
2. Color-washing is a great decorative painting technique adding character, depth, and texture into a room. Creating a color-wash effect is done by using a translucent glaze over an opaque base paint, tin glaze with acrylic paint or water-based glazes which are available in different colors. Color-washing effects are best for the Mediterranean, Tuscan, Country or Rustic themed rooms.
3. Stenciling is a type of decorative painting technique with the use of acetate or cardboard, homemade or DIY cut or bought ready-to-use. You can use any paint for stenciling, but experts highly recommend water-based options because they dry quickly and user-friendly. With stenciling decorative painting, you can create elegant and sophisticated designs like Moroccan trellis.
4. Distressing can provide an illusion of age for a rustic or country style home or office, such as masking areas with glue or petroleum jelly to avoid paint from adhering. After the surface has been painted and sanded, the paint is lost in masked surfaces, providing a patchy and aged finish.
5. Rag-rolling involves the use of a crumpled rag, formed it into a sausage shape, and rolled down the wall to create a subtle effect and to resemble a tumbling material. Add accent or go bold with rag-rolling, which is perfect for traditional bedrooms and nursery rooms.
6. Dragging (strie) or linen weave decorative painting techniques add beauty and texture to contemporary, modern, or eclectic bedrooms. To create a linen weave or strie, just mix a glaze and satin base color, dragging the wallpaper brush over the wet glaze vertically and horizontally.
By hiring the services of professional decorative painting services, you’ll have a new look and appealing ambiance for your home or office, for a more enjoyable and comfortable living space. We can help you find the best decorative painting or commercial painting services in Doylestown, PA. Feel free to check our homepage or website now.